Right now a lot of people are wondering is Mission Beach open in San Diego? The recent lockdown rules and regulations due to the Covid 19 Pandemic placed very tight restrictions on all beach areas of San Diego.
Mission Beach, Pacific Beach and the Boardwalk is open in San Diego
Mission Beach is open for socially distant activities with some rules in place for a passive use and enjoyment of the beach. The sand and water are open for activities along with the Boardwalk as well. The city of San Diego Park and Recreation department has posted specific rules that they are advising be followed.
These rules also apply to Pacific Beach, the boardwalk, and surrounding beaches like Ocean Beach, La Jolla in San Diego.
COVID-19 Mission Beach Rules
Per the San Diego County public health order in the response to the Covid-19 pandemic, this park is open for passive use only. Please follow the temporary protocols below for enjoying our parks and trails.
- Passive use only, such as walking, jogging, or hiking.
- No congregating or participating in sports activities, except for member of the same household or if practicing social distancing.
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
- Maintain social distancing of a minimum of 6-feet (1.8 meters)
- Wear face covering when in the parks and on the trails.
- Do not enter the parts of trails if you have a cough or fever.
Failure to follow these requirements may result in closure of the amenities. Please check www.sandiego.gov/status for updates regarding closers and restrictions. If you see something that needs attention, please submit the AskParks or the GetItDone app.